The 3 Column Template is dead, long live the 2 Column Template!!
For a few hours there it was "alive!". I got the new template up and running but there were just too many little 'faults' with it. Some of the formatting was off centre; I couldn't restore my Header picture; the submit comments button was missing from the posts...
None made the blog unworkable but after three hours of fiddling with the HTML I realised I was being seriously distracted from the real purpose of this blog: Painting Miniatures.
In the end I decided to revert back to my original template for the simple reason that everything worked! I promise not to mess with the template again... or at least until I find one that works properly.