A few years ago I had the rather crazy idea to paint a completely new army in 6mm to use in games using the To the Strongest rules. These could be used against my existing Republican Romans. I quickly decided I would paint them as part of the Analogue Painting Challenge and started planning what units I wanted and ordered nearly everything in one hit from Baccus 6mm. When it all arrived I knew I had a big job on my hands and started planning how I would tackle the job as part of the Challenge. I initially thought completing the army would take nearly the whole 13 weeks of the competition but as soon as I started painting I realised that my progress far exceeded my projections.
In a little under 9 weeks the army has been completed and here it is in all its painful glory (those pikes are sharp!).
And unit by unit here they are...
|Epirot and Macedonian Pike Phalanx|
|Greek and Sicilian Hoplites|
|Thessalian Heavy Cavalry|
|Tarantine Light Cavalry|
|Greek Heavy and Light Cavalry|
|Greek Bowmen and Indian Elephants|