- You will need to go to the AddThis site and register in order to get the code you need to insert to get the button.
- Follow the steps on the AddThis webpage to select the type and syle of button you want to add to your blog.
- Copy the code AddThis provides for use later in the process.
- Open blogger dashboard
- Click on Layout
- Select Edit HTML tab
- Save a copy of your code by hitting the Download Full Template (You'll need this if you need to restore your original settings)
- Check the box Expand Widget Templates
- Then click in the code box and use the search function (Ctrl+F) to look for the code div class='post-footer'
- Insert the AddThis code immediately after the above code line.
- DON’T SAVE YET!!!!!
- Hit the Preview button to see what your blog looks like. Your blog will open in a new window and you should now see the AddThis button at the bottom of each post.
- If you’re happy with the way this looks click on Save Template
- If you’re not happy click the Clear Edits button to return your code to its original state.
I hope this is useful. I'm not an expert at HTML (not even close) and most of the above has been gleaned from other, better informed, bloggers and websites. However I have tried to cut through all the 'techno babble' and explain the step-by-step process as simply as possible.
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply as soon as I can, so why not pop back later and continue the conversation. In the meantime, keep rolling high!