I've spent a couple of days updating my blog, tidying up the pages and doing some general maintenance. Its something I should do more regularly, but rarely have the time to just get on with. However I have made time this week and although you'll probably not notice much difference I have spent probably a dozen hours on 'site maintenance' this week. I pay for my blog domain, so I really ought to look after it!
So what have I done. I have gone though a load of old posts and tidied up broken links and missing photo's. Often the problem is simply because I have moved or altered pictures so photo links don't work any more but sometimes the problem is altogether unclear and I have just had to alter the post to correct something. I'm sure there are hundreds more such minor issues (the blog has been going since 2009 after all) and if you come across something that doesn't work please let me know.
I have also spent a lot of time updating the Gallery Pages. Many of these needed updating and expanding and its a job I have been putting off while I was up to my eyeballs in projects during the Challenge. I often forget how important the Pages are but when I look at my site stats a significant portion of the pageviews BLMA receives are hits on these galleries.
I have also decided to pay for a feeder service to push the blog out to multiple social sites automatically. This has resulted in an immediate increase in site traffic, all for just a few quid a month. I have tried advertising before but it had little effect, this approach makes BLMA more accessible to a wider audience with minimal effort on my part.
Hopefully all these little changes, updates and repairs will be totally unnoticeable to regular followers but should improve the usefulness and viewing experience for new readers.