I've been struggling to keep up with my self imposed daily posting schedule for several months now. This is partly because work pressures have meant I have less time during the day to write. The knock-on effect of this is that I'm writing more in the evening... when I should be painting or gaming instead. Something has got to give, because I just can't conjure more hours in the day. I have to stress that I have no intention of abandoning the blog - I love it too much - but the prospect of cutting back my posting frequency does have its attractions.
As both the articles mentioned earlier have stated, a lower frequency of posts can mean better quality writing. I have to admit to occasionally throwing in a quickly knocked together 'filler post' in moments of last minute desperation. Personally I don't think that's fair to you and I would much rather write better articles less frequently. I do try to keep several items "in hand" against such moments, but when the schedule demands daily posts its easy to eat through these very quickly.
Interestingly I reviewed all the gaming blogs I subscribe to (nearly 70 at the last count) and found that the vast majority don't update on a daily basis. About 25% post up to once per day but the remaining 75% post about once every two days or less. Over half only updated more than three times a week, and that included some very popular blogs indeed.
You've probably already guessed that I'm trying to justify to myself reducing the number of posts per week. I think the real issue for me is does my current daily schedule impact on my ability to paint miniatures and write games... and the answer is a resounding yes. But before I make any major changes I'd like to know what you think. I'm about to go on holiday so the schedule will slip a little for a short while but I won't make any permanent changes until I have some feedback from you, the readers. Please take a moment to register your opinion and as always feel free to leave your comments below.